Wednesday 14 November 2012

Revlon Shanghai Collection - Top Speed Fast Dry Nail Enamel in Forbidden

There's a few things I look for in a satisfactory nail polish. Unfortunately, this didn't fit the bill. Although a beautiful rich red shade, I'm just not impressed by the lasting power. I applied this late on Sunday, and by Tuesday there was far too much tip wear for a polish of this price (£6.49). I'm glad I won this polish, because I'd be pretty annoyed if I'd paid that much for it. If you think about it, that could be two BarryM's, or a Models Own (and we all know how much I love Models Own), with some money left over.



The polish also claims to be a 'fast dry nail enamel', I don't agree! It definitely wasn't fast drying, and took longer than my polishes that have no fast drying claims. It's not all negative though. As I said, I love the colour. It's perfect for this time of year. It's also a very glossy formula, I did spend a while admiring the shininess I have to admit, but that was before it all went pear-shaped.

I won't completely rule out Revlon polishes though, hopefully this is just one bad formula out of the bunch. I've also reviewed the Cherry Blossom Lustrous Lipstick, a product I was very impressed with!

Have you had a similar experience with Revlon nail polishes?

12 comments:

  1. I won this polish too, and i found it was so streaky, even after 3 or 4 coats!!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really! I didn't have that problem actually. Hm, they all sound like they're all different consistencies?! xo

      Delete
  2. What a shame about the consistency, it's such a stunning colour!

    Jo xo
    http://paintedglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was quite gutted. I'll probably still wear it on the odd occasion anyway. Better than it going to waste! xo

      Delete
  3. Too bad this didn't work out... I probably would have purchased it because of the gorgeous color but now I'll give it a miss!

    x Ellie @ Ellalogy 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think BarryM Raspberry is a very similar colour, so check that out instead maybe! :) xo

      Delete
  4. stunning colour! such a shame its not got a good lasting power :(
    love your blog btw!

    http://beautybyalexiajade.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, pretty annoyed!
      Oh thank you so much, I've just followed you :) xo

      Delete
  5. This is such a pretty red, too bad the staying power is not that good! :((

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a lovely shade isn't it! I know really quite disappointed :( xo

      Delete

I love reading your comments and reply to every single one :) Thank you for commenting!