Sunday 16 September 2012

Tag: My Make-Up History

I quite enjoy doing these tags, although this is only the second one I have ever done. It means you can get to know me a bit more as although I've been blogging for over a year I still don't feel like I've completely introduced myself. I was tagged to do this by the lovely Rebecca, she's actually a girl I know from my old school, but I totally forgot to include her in my Bloggers Showcase post! But you should definitely go and check out her blog, she's just completely re-vamped it and it looks awesome. So onto the tag...



Q1: How long have you been wearing make-up? I've been wearing make-up since about the age of twelve, but that was only the minimal make-up like a bit of mascara and lip gloss. I never really used to bother with it because we weren't allowed to wear it to school. I used to steal borrow my mums at first, I think she got pretty annoyed about it!

Q2: What was your favourite make-up product in the beginning? I think I used to love the lip gloss a little bit too much. I remembering buying a L'Oreal Diamond Shine lip gloss, and my friends never believed me that there were really diamonds in it. I think there were anyway? I'm convinced!

Q3: What is your favourite make-up product now? Has to be nail polish and mascara. I can't stand having bare nails these days, I never used to be bothered by nail polish but now it's become an addiction.

Q4: What were some of your favourite brands in the beginning? Probably good old Miss Sporty. I can't really remember too far back though, but when I used to borrow my mums make-up it was all No7 so I used to use quite a few of their products.

Q5: What are some of your favourite brands now? I adore Models Own, but that's a well known fact on my blog. I seem to use quite a lot of Rimmel make-up, and elf, MUA, and Benefit are pretty lovely as well.

Q6: How would you describe your make-up style? Natural, but made up at the same time. I love lashing of mascara, and a pop of blusher on my cheeks. I always go for the classic smokey eye look on a night out.

Q7: What is your everyday make-up like? I like to look natural and not like I've smeared foundation on my face with a trowel.

Q8: What is your going out make-up like? Smokey eyes, always using the MUA Heaven and Earth and Undressed palettes, pretty much the same as my everyday make-up just a few more layers!



Q9: What make-up look are you known for? Well, it's not one I wear now, but back in the day I was very well known for my liquid eyeliner skills. I still get some  people saying things to me like "I always used to want to do my eyeliner like yours!". Looking back, the whole thing was a huge mistake.

Q10: What is the worst beauty crime you have commited? Has to be the liquid eyeliner, I literally just drew rings of it around my eyes. I also had an obsession with glitter eyeliner.

Q11: What is the worst beauty crime you are proud to have not commited? Not taking care of your skin. I know quite a few people who quite happily just use make-up wipes, and I'll put my hands up and admit up until a few years ago I was one of those people. I'm now an avid user of cleaner, toner and moisturiser.

Q12: What is a trend you were part of but now aren't a fan of? Back to the glitter eyeliner again. It looks nice on some people, but I just feel it's a little too 'four-year-oldy' for my taste.

Q13: What is one trend you are proud to say you were never a part of? Foundation lips. Seriously, there was a time were 90% of the female population in my year group must have been doing this. Everyone's lips just seemed to disappear, what is attractive about that?

Q14: What is one look you will never ever go for? Drawing a beauty spot onto my face. Just no, never going to happen. You've either got it or you don't, people should just accept that!

Q15: If you were brave enough to wear any look, what would it be? Probably really bright lipstick, the closest I get is red but I love some of the orange and pink shades out there.

Q16: An old Holy Grail product of yours? I'd say Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I've been buying this for yeaaaars now, and have never felt the need to try any other powder on the market.

Q17: A new Holy Grail product of yours? Make-up wise, it would have to be CoverGirl Lash Blast mascara. I discovered this product whilst in Los Angeles, and I just LOVE it! Skincare wise, I'd definitely say Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. This product has improved my skin so much, it's just a shame about the price.

Well that was much longer than I first thought it would be! So now I've dished out the dirt on some of my beauty crimes and embarrassments, I challenge you lovely lot to do the same.

I tag: 
and anyone else who wants to do this!


       

21 comments:

  1. Ah, you just reminded me how much I hate foundation lips haha. I also think you would look amazing with orange lips! Try Revlon's Tutti Frutti Lip Butter as an 'easing in' colour, it's pretty sheer so it's not so scary!
    Thank you for tagging me, I've been trying to get inspired back into blogging recently and I think this will do it!

    Mollie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrible though aren't they! It's almost as bad as the girls who wear leggings as trousers with a crop top and a skinny belt.

      Aw thank you! That sounds like a good idea actually, I shall look into it. No problem, I know I feel the same! A good old tag always helps :) xx

      Delete
  2. This was a really fun post to read! I'm also glad I never jumped on the foundation lips bandwaggon. Still really want to try Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! I'm glad you didn't either, seriously bad trend. You should, it's amazing. Definitely lived up to the hype! x

      Delete
  3. Great post, Rimmel stay matte powder is one of my HG products too :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Sophie. It really is a great product! xx

      Delete
  4. Really like this tag, thankyou for tagging me :) i'll put it up during the week! Some of my answers will be similar to yours, I was also a lipgloss kinda gal right at the start aswell & concealer lips was the worst trend ever, i still see some girls do it today... no just no! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's alright my lovely, you better. I'm keeping an eye on you and your blogging and Youtube escapades ;) UGH I know, it's so unattractive!x

      Delete
  5. Loved this posts, I'm so interested on what people think about makeup and their own experiance with it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved reading this post! ^_^ It's interesting to hear about people's earlier experiences with makeup. :) New follower! x

    http://whativedonetoday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D I know what you mean. Thank you! x

      Delete
  7. You have an obsession with Model's Own :D Omg, I keep remembering when I was in high I used to wear bright blue eye shadow with glitter eyeliner!
    The shame :(

    Just Smile
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha I know I really do!
      Lets not go there, I used to wear turquoise eyeshadow.
      Lots of shame indeed! xo

      Delete
  8. Great tag!

    I'd love for you to follow me back, and maybe check out my first ever giveaway!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved reading this post! And I've never seen this tag before, I might do it myself some day :) Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! You should definitely do it :) Thanks you too x

      Delete
  10. I'd love to wear really bright lipstick too, but I just don't think it suits me at all. I probably should be braver and give it a go!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it!! No harm in trying, I'm sure it will look lavly xx

      Delete
  11. Oh foundation lips, that was the worst trend ever. Proud to say I didn't take part either! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it, lips just disappear into the face haha. Must dry them out terribly as well! Good on you! x

      Delete

I love reading your comments and reply to every single one :) Thank you for commenting!