Thursday 26 July 2012

Eighteen Years Down The Line

I'm home! I'll soon be posting about my sixteen day trip to Poland, but I'm waiting for some photos to be uploaded to facebook, so the post is delayed for now. I celebrated my eighteenth birthday whilst I was out in Poland, on the 7th July to be exact. It was a lovely day (especially the evening - more details to follow), but I missed home and being with my family and best friends. Before leaving for Poland, after a LOT of 'ummming' and 'arrrring' I decided to go for it and have a party to celebrate. With a very last minute (in typical Charlotte style) facebook invite sent out the night before my early morning flight, the party was set in stone.


I wanted to try and make my party a bit more than just getting drunk and dancing, so I bought a Pinata, and made an attempt to play the donut game (thread ring donuts onto string and eat them with only use of your mouth). When I say attempt, it unfortunately failed. The donuts fell off the string before we even had a chance to play the game. I also had a more 'adult' version of pass the parcel, with the inclusion of alcohol and streaking related dares... but we won't go any further into that. Although I was a bit skeptical at first about having a party, I'm really glad I did. It was lovely to have all my nearest and dearest gathered together, as this rarely happens nowadays. As for a cake, my Mum made me a tower of cupcakes (pictured at the top), which were demolished rather quickly. I did manage to salvage a few though.


I received some really lovely gifts this year. My Mum and Dad paid for my flight and spending money for Poland, Allie (who has now created a blog which you can check out here) bought me tickets to see The Maccabees at Alexandra Palace which was amazing, and then of course I got the usual influx of alcohol and chocolate. I received a very lovely gift from two of my friends Sam (who also has a blog which you can check out here) and Kat, but I plan to do another post on this as I'm so excited about it.

I have so many posts coming up for you lovely lot. Obviously a post about my trip to Poland, another about Hackney Weekend, two Los Angeles posts, and then a few beauty related ones. Thank you for sticking around whilst I left for a while, I look forward to reading your comments as always.


12 comments:

  1. I hope you had a lovely birthday! Cupcakes were amazing AND looking forward to your other posts :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling! I'm glad you enjoyed the cupcakes, I've just written one so it will be up tomorrow. xx

      Delete
  2. Ooo happy birthday lovely, hope you had a fab time - those cupcakes look lush!

    Eda ♥

    Candyfloss Curls, Cupcakes & Couture

    Follow me on twitter ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Oh believe me, they were ;)xx

      Delete
  3. Aww great photos and looks like you had a great time :) Happy belated birthday!!

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoop! Happy belated birthday, you look like you're having so much fun and a piƱata ahhh, they're god damn amazing!!!!!
    Looking forward to them posts.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, it was very funny but it didn't seem to want to break open, so in the end I just ended up stamping on it on the floor.

      Charlotte xou

      Delete
  5. Happy belated birthday! Those cupcakes look amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday, looks like you had such a great time :-) & just been browsing through your blog - congrats on your a-level results too babe :) all that hard work has paid off! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie! It was fun! Ah thank you, I could of worked a lot harder though, I was just an idiot. xx

      Delete

I love reading your comments and reply to every single one :) Thank you for commenting!