Tuesday 22 May 2012

Models Own Haul - featuring Ibiza Mix

I can't recommend Models Own polishes enough, I can't stop buying them.  The quality is great, the colour range is incredible, and I always look forward to painting my nails or trying out new nail art designs with them. I just love them. I own a fair few of these (25 now to be exact), but had to extend my collection with some new ones that I've had my eye on for a while. I've lost count of the times I put together my basket on the Models Own website, and then clicked the red x in the corner, because I just couldn't justify buying them. But, after all the stress I've been under lately I just went for it.

I went for the highly sought after Ibiza Mix from the hedkandi collection, a baby pink glitter called Pink Fizz, a holographic silver glitter called Juicy Jules, a sophisticated purple toned light grey called Utopia, and cornflower blue, Beth's Blue. I love them all, but I'm mesmerized by the glitters in Juicy Jules, it's absolutely stunning, especially in the sunshine England's been blessed with today, and to think just a couple of weeks ago it literally rained all day every day for at least a week. Get me too a tropical island paradise, now.

Look at how pretty they all are! Perfect colour's for the summer months. Application was great, I expected Utopia to be watery but, it was creamy and only took two coats to get a smooth finish. I'm still surprised at myself that I ordered such a 'nude' colour, I'm usually all about bright colour's, but there's something I just love about it. Maybe I can have sophisticated nails for once?


I also purchased the Wah Nail Art Pen in white. I already own it in black and really love it, and I've wanted to try out floral designs, tuxedo designs, polka dots, and aztec designs on my nails for ages. It comes with a pointy nib for detailed designs, and also a striper for straight lines.

I had my third exam today, none of them have gone amazingly well yet but I sometimes surprise myself on results day, so we'll just wait and see what happens. I don't have an exam for three weeks so I'll be getting my blog on for sure! I have two Los Angeles posts coming up, and a day trip to London post too. Now I'm going to attempt a Cath Kidston inspired nail art design. If it goes well I'll post a picture on here.


All Models Own Products shown are available from their website, the Boots website, and some Boots stores nationwide. The nail polishes retail at £5.00, and the nail art pen retails at £6.00.

10 comments:

  1. Ahhh, i love your blog so much!!! Those polishes look gorgeous, i really must try them out! Count me as a happy new follower xo Please pop over to my blog if you have the time. Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Yes you really should! x

      Delete
  2. Beth's blue looks very similar to the Instyle Bluebell by Nails Inc :) Love juicy jules!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I thought that. I came close to buying Bluebell but I just had to have Beth's Blue, I'm a sucker for Models Own. Me too it's stunning x

      Delete
  3. I'm sure you did brilliantly on your exam. I love Pink Fizz! Personally I don't get the all the hype over Ibiza Mix. Haha I think everyone wants to be on tropical island too but the past few days have been so hot!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not so sure :( It's lovely isn't it. Yes, I know but it makes me want to be on a tropical island even more! x

      Delete
  4. Love the glittery ones, the pastel shade are very cute too :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Models Own are my FAVOURITE nail polishes! The glitter ones are amazing! xx

    myprettymummy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them so much! The colour range is just awesome x

      Delete

I love reading your comments and reply to every single one :) Thank you for commenting!